In the year 1918 September second is the day of starting the history of Little Flower Church Anandapuram. On that day the Christian people even though very few in number, brought a plot. In the beginning the intension of the plot is for a school but it was for Church. In the following couple of years i.e. 1928, 1955 & 1960 more and more plots were brought and added with this basic plot and it became the Church compound of eight acres. The exact historical background of the origin of the Christian community here is still ignorant. But the Christian community here had existed was belong to the Parappukara Parish. It was quite natural our forefathers thought about to build a church here in Anandapuram for it was not only long but also difficult especially in rainy season to go to Parappukara Church for spiritual needs. So in 1925 around twenty seven families built a temporary shed as a school Chapel. It is because of long term petitions and efforts on 19th July 1927 they got permission from Kochi government to build a church. Based on this permission on 16th August of the same year Mar Fancis Vazhapilly, the former bishop of Thrissur, permitted to build the church and consecrated the temporary shed as affiliated Church in the name of Little Flower. It may the first church in the name of Little Flower in the undivided Thrissur Diocese. In course of time a small church was built in the place of the temporary shed chapel. As it was a very small church the limitation was larger for the increasing faithful community. The need was increasing for a specious Church. So on 16th August 1952 Rt. Rev. Dr. George Alapatt, the former bishop of Thrissur laid the foundation stone for a new church which was gothic in style. It was in 1961 July 1st Rt. Rev. George Alappat declared (482/61) this church as an independent Parish and appointed Rev. Fr. Yacob Illickal (senior) as the first vicar. Even though the completion of the Church was finished in 1989 the constructing church was blessed by Rt. Rev. Dr. George Alappatt on 25th January 1964. In that time there was around hundred and above families under this church. The miracle filled this Little Flower Church consists more or less 500 families and did not have sufficient place to proclaim their faith. So we decided on the extension present church premises in modern style. On 27th December 2009 Mar James Pazhayattil laid the foundation stone of the extended Church. Within two years construction was finished and Mar Pauly Kannukadan, the Bishop of Irinjalakuda blessed the Church on 26th December 2011. In total appearance it is a new church but we kept the old gothic beautiful church intact and extended and made it more beautiful and attractive.
Construction of First Church/Filical Church
Consecration of the First Church
Consecration of the renovated Church
School of the Parish
Convent / Religious House / Institute